See these recipes LIVE on My20 at 7:30am on Friday!
ClicK HERE to watch Gary Shapiro try a "cupcake"
Your favorite meatloaf recipe
Foil cupcake liners
Mashed potatoes (homemade, store bought, instant...whatever you like!)
Coarse salt (optional)
1. Place foil liners in cupcake pan.
2. Squish meatloaf mixture into cupcake liners.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until temp is 160 degrees)
4. Meanwhile, prepare mashed potatoes. And your choice of food coloring.
5. Prepare colored salt: mix a drop or two of food coloring to coarse salt. Stir to distribute the color
6. After meatloaf is cooked, place colored mashed potatoes into sandwich sized zipper plastic bag and close. Snip off one end with scissors. Squeeze mashed potatoes onto meatloaf just like you would when frosting on a cupcake. Or, use a knife/spoon and frost as you would a cupcake.
7. Sprinkle colored salt on top.
"Grilled Cheese Sandwich"
Pound cake - sliced
Frosting - canned or homemade
1. Place sliced pound cake in a warm skillet until one side is golden brown. Flip and cook second side.
2. Tint frosting to a yellow/orange American Cheese color
3. Place one slice of pound cake and frost...allow a little frosting to leak out so that it looks like melted cheese.
4. Top with second slice.
Pound cake - cut into the shape of a french fry
1. Place pound cake on a cookie sheet.
2. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
White chocolate, almond bark, or white candy melts - reserve 1/4 cup
Yellow food coloring
Red food coloring
1. Melt white chocolate in the microwave until smooth (all but 1/4 cup).
2. Spoon white chocolate into mold.
3. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm.
4. Melt remaining white chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
5. Mix yellow food coloring into white chocolate.
6. Stir 1 tablespoon powdered sugar into the melted white chocolate.
7. Spoon the yellow chocolate one end of the egg to resemble the egg yolk mixture of a deviled egg.
8. Mix red food coloring into the white sugar to create "paprika".
9. Sprinkle yellow portion of eggs with a little red sugar.
10. Return eggs to fridge until firm.
1 package flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup club soda - plus a tablespoon
1. Pour gelatin into bowl. Add boiling water and mix until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
2. Pour in the cup of club soda.
3. Pour into glasses.
4. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Skim off the top layer of gelatin. Add the tablespoon of club soda and mix gently.
6. Place straw in cup.
7. Refrigerate until gelatin is firm.
This week's 9news tv segment will feature me and the girls showing you some of our favorites for April Fool's Dinner. It has become a tradition in our family for me to try and trick them with what we are ...
Read more »
Live outside the Broomfield area? Then check out the Macaroni Kid newsletter closest to your home! Arvada/WestminsterAurora Commerce City Downtown DenverEnglewood: Covering Englewood, Greenwood Village, and Centennial Highlands Ranch: Covering all of Douglas County Lakewood: Covering Lakewood, Littleton, Golden, and ...
Read more »
Thursday, March 28th BroomfieldEaster Party Fun! (Ages 2-5)Saturday, March 30thBroomfieldEggstravaganza! (8 and under) - FREEDenverBunny Trail EggVentureErieEaster Egg Hunt (Ages 0-12) - FREEGoldenBunny Express Train LafayetteEaster Egg Hunt (Ages 3-8) - FREE Easter Egg Hunt (Ages 1-2) - FREE SuperiorHatching ...
Read more »
Doesn't it feel great when you take things that are a constant nag around the house, and tidy them up nice and neat? Like the kitchen drawer where the scissors are, the garage filled with clutter, or the crates by ...
Read more »