February 7, 2013
Watch LIVE on Channel 20 at 7:30am, Friday, Feb. 8
By: Marie Folmar
Watch the 9news Craft Segment
1) Add a couple drops of food coloring to the white glue. Use the skewer/paintbrush handle to stir the food coloring into the glue until completely mixed. Replace glue cap. Repeat with all the remaining colors and glue.
- white school glue - enough for each color desired
- food coloring - various colors
- bamboo skewer or handle of paintbrush
- waxed paper
- construction paper
2) Lay out a piece of waxed paper. Fold it in half. Unfold the waxed paper so that the fold is at the top.
3) Squeeze the glue onto the bottom half of the waxed paper. Don't worry about empty holes (the glue will spread to fill them in or they will be clear) and don't worry about making a specific shape. A blob is fine! See image below:
4) Gently fold the top flap of the waxed paper onto the half with the glue. Gently rub the waxed paper onto the glue.
5) Allow to dry completely (you will know it is dry when the glue is no longer dark, but is transparent).
6) Cut heart shape out of the dried glue/wax paper sandwich.
7) If making a card: fold a piece of construction paper in half. Cut a heart "window" out of the front side (make sure the opening is slightly smaller than the faux stained glass heart), glue the faux stained glass heart on the back of the opening. Allow to dry and then decorate.
8) If making a window decoration: trace the faux stained glass heart onto the construction paper and trace it. Cut a heart slightly smaller than the traced outline. Cut a second heart slightly larger than the traced outline. Apply glue and attach faux stained glass heart to the side of the construction paper with the traced outline. Allow to dry.