December 6, 2012
Watch My20 on 12/7/2012 at 8:30am to see this craft!
By: Marie Folmar, Macaroni Kid Broomfield & Arvada Publisher
Craft Demonstration on 9News!
What you need:
- Bars of white soap (i.e. Ivory)
- Cheese grater
- Bowl (s)
- Extracts (example: peppermint, almond, vanilla, etc) optional
- Food coloring optional
- Metal cookie cutters
- Grate a bar of soap into the bowl using the cheese grater.
- Add any extracts (for scented soap) or coloring to the soap shavings.
- Add enough water to the soap so the shavings stick together...you don't need a lot. If your soap is too wet, squeeze out the extra water and pour it out.
- Press the soap mixture into your cookie cutter.
- Allow to dry for at least 8 hours. Carefully remove from the cookie cutter.
- Allow to dry an additional 8 hours.