1. The calendar feature will allow you to see the whole month at a glance to see how you may want to plan ahead for events .The white bar on the left side of the page is the table of contents for this week. You can jump to any of the articles or the events listings by clicking in there and you will still be in the current issue.
2. If you would like to look back at previous issues, scroll down a bit until you see "Past Broomfield News" in the side bar on the left. This is below the Facebook and Twitter icons. You will go to a list of dates and you can choose which newsletter to look at. Click the Macaroni Kid logo at the top of the site to come back to the current newsletter.
3. If you ever need to change your email address, you can hit reply on any newsletter and send me your new email address and I can change it for you.
4. Business Directory: This is the Yellow Pages for Families, all your needs met right here, and some even offer specials for being a Macaroni Kid !
5. There are several national newsletters available (Family Travel, National Newsletter, Macaroni Kid Eats, Military Families, Safety Announcements, Family Fitness etc.) and you can change your subscription preferences any time by re-entering your information in the subscribe form, as long as you use the same email address as the original subscription. (If you need to change the newsletter subscriptions AND email address, you can reply to the newsletter for all.) If I entered your information, you are only subscribed to the local newsletter. I am also happy to help if you need it!
6. The pink "My Macaroni" button that appears above the contents list is my favorite feature! You can click the plus sign (Add to My Macaroni) under any event listing and after you've selected all of the events that you are interested in, you can click the "My Macaroni" button and it will show your list, then you can download everything to a pdf that you can save and/or print to take with you!! Then you'll have all the details right at hand when you're on the road!
7. Support our sponsors. Sponsors make it possible for me to offer this free service to you. Each local ad is approved and added to the page by me, so I can assure you that they are safe to click through. Likewise, all national ads are approved by the home office. Of course any transactions between you and the advertiser are the responsibility of the two parties involved and not myself or Macaroni Kid.
8. Comment on things you like or send me an email by replying to the newsletter so I know what kinds of things you like to read about! If you have any suggestions for articles, let me know!
10.Share Macaroni Kid with your friends. What parent isn't looking for ideas to keep the kids busy? Don't keep this to yourself! Plus, the bigger we get, the more features we can add! In your email weekly at the bottom of the page is an easy way to send to a friend ! We love when you share!
11.SUBMIT AN EVENT, use this button to send us the info on an event in your area! We will include free local events that you send over !
12.Not All the Good Stuff is Up Here! Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom of the newsletter where you can often find craft ideas, recipes and other great articles! Due to a large number of events in one week, the newsletter may be clipped short in your emailed newsletter. Click through to the website to see more great events and the remainder of your newsletter content!
13. If you are away on business, vacation or visiting friends in another city, make us of our Macaroni Kid sites throughout the country to see what is going on there! We have over 500 ! Simply go towww.macaronikid.com and choose the state you will be in and the drop down will show all the choices you have! If there is not one in a city you are planning to visit, let me know,maybe we can find a new publishing mom! I do love my job!
14. We have a Teen Section to keep the older kids busy too . Our Plan Ahead section will keep you organized for weeks ahead!
15. Tremendous giveaways and fun contests! The only rule we have is that you must be a subscriber of the newsletter .
16.READ MORE, in the newsletter only a portion of the article will show, click the "READ MORE" button in pink beneath what is showing and the whole article will be visible
16.Advertise with us and share all your family friendly business does with Richmond! We have many options , ALL are affordable and we can help create your perfect package! Send me a note for all the information.
Chocolate Pretzel Bark Here is a snappy little recipe that can be used as a treat for any occasion. Simply change the colors of the chocolate and the M&M's and there you have it, a perfect display and snack for ...
Read more »
It is simple to create this colorful, festive wreath. I could not help that it reminds me of summer, sitting on the beach drinking a fruity adult beverage!What you need: cocktail umbrellas (check party supply stores) Styrofoam wreath What you ...
Read more »
The middle of July already??? Where has the time gone??? Does the summer seem to be flying by for you and your family? What things do you have planned for this last strech before it's back to school time? Have ...
Read more »
A parent's responsibility while raising children is a never-ending task. From their health to their education from their social skills to providing a nurturing and safe environment, there is so much to do!One issue that is so often overlooked is ...
Read more »
Live outside the Broomfield area? Then check out the Macaroni Kid newsletter closest to your home! Arvada/WestminsterAuroraEnglewood: Covering Englewood, Greenwood Village, and CentennialHighlands Ranch: Covering all of Douglas CountyLakewood: Covering Lakewood, Littleton, Golden, and Wheat RidgeLongmont: Covering Longmont, Lyons, Firestone ...
Read more »